-->

Friday, March 11, 2011

Something Great

I just finished reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

And, I feel like I should be able to sit down and write something wonderful. While being enveloped in the letters to and from characters I felt sad that I live in the technology era and couldn't help but wonder if I had been alive in the times when letters were the best means of communication if I would somehow be a better, more creative, writer.  

Although this book is not on my favorites list. I did like it and it has re-ignited my love for reading and inspired me to write (something I'll likely never be entertaining at). I now want to re-read all of the classics! The Bronte sisters, Dickens, Austen, etc.

3 comments:

Aaron and Elizabeth Jensen said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm actually re-reading it right now.

RoseAnna said...

That is my favorite book of all time. I love it so much! I'm glad you read it and liked it. I gave it to Dianne when she broke her back and she never read it and ended up giving it back to me so I now have 2 coppies of it if you want one. I love this book!! (Even better than Harry Potter and that saying something!)

Loran said...

I have the audio version and that made it one of my favorite books! It's much easier to separate the characters by voice.