-->

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Better Than Pavlov

We've all heard of Pavlov and his Dogs Right?

Well Kamren is conditioned to the sound of the toilet... I kid you not.

I have been very diligent in teaching him that sitting outside of the bathroom door crying and begging will not get him any closer to his desired outcome. And, instead he needs to wait patiently (no crying, whining, banging on the door, or fingers under the door) until I'm done.


He has been doing so well... but now every time the toilet flushes he is standing right outside the door with something to ask.

Today, I flushed the toilet and instantly heard thump, thump, thump, as he quickly ran down the hallway to wait for me outside the door. As I open the door "Hi Kamren"


Kam: "moaummm...?"


Me: "yes, Kamren?"


Kam: "mmm.... Hi!" (as he bats his adorable little blue eyes as only he can do)


He didn't even have anything to ask, nothing to beg for- NOTHING!


He simply heard the sound of the toilet and came running.

0 comments: