-->

Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Cake Boss...

... is definitely not me!

I did make the cake.
I baked & I decorated,
Not from a box, from scratch and
Not because I have baking skills, or time, or creativity,

Simply because I thought it would save money.

Which, it most certainly did NOT!

I originally planned on making cupcakes and cupcakes alone.
But, the cake batter I made did not fair well as cupcakes.

So, I made a double layer cake and had to buy all the decorations!

I'm not going to talk about what I did not accomplish, but I will tell you what I did accomplish:

Fallen Cake... Check (you just can't tell because of the angle of the photo)
Spent more money on DIY cake... Check
Last min. rush to the store for cake decorations... Check
Spent too much time on the cake and not other important things... Check
Made a cake with Love that my son will not remember... Check
Convinced myself to buy my cakes... CHECK!

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

I hope Kam had the best birthday! The cake is super cute. What a good mom you are!