-->

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Vernal's Dinosaur

I've lived in Vernal, Utah now for just under 5 years (I can't believe its been that long!).

Since I've moved here I have not been able to find anything more interesting weird creepy unique about Vernal than the dinosaur that gets dressed up.

That's right, you heard me. Each holiday or season of the year the dinosaur sports a different... costume? And, because it's so odd comical festive (Thank you Michael) I've decided to share!

For the next year you will see this Dinosaur on my blog. I will update the picture as soon as the costume changes. I figured now was a good time to start because this will be the one and only time the Dinosaur will be dressed up for Vernal's 100th Birthday. Yes, that's right, you read correctly Vernal's 100th Birthday. And for the Centennial celebration the Dinosaur is ready to party!

Oh, and if you click on the picture at the top of my blog, you can go to Vernal City's web page and find out what other eventful things Vernal wastes tax dollars on has going on!

I wonder if the Dinosaur has a name....

6 comments:

Mindy said...

If they dress it up I bet it has a name, it is probably on the website. J/K. Great thing to Blog about. I really am excited to see upcoming pictures. there is nothing in Ferron.

things we love... said...

Yea, I don't know what is more amazing: You living there for five years (where does time go?), or that ugly thing dressing up!!! That is sooo funny!!!!!

things we love... said...

Okay, so don't put this one on there, but I realized one might not take the comment that I just left sarcastically. I was totally kidding about Vernal.... I live in Huntington so I always find humor behind small towns!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes it has a name, after five years I would have thought you would know it by now. I'll not tell you, you can blog about this history and remind Vernals Promotional department to get on the ball.

The Rook Family said...

It just gets tackier and tackier doesn't it? LOL I've posted many posts on message boards and Facebook about it as well.

Jennifer Rook
The Edge Magazine

Anonymous said...

I love it, I'm looking forward to future photos. You got to love this place, Nikki