-->

Monday, February 23, 2009

I Just Can't Contain it all!

My head is going to explode!
Seriously, it is.


So, I decided to do a quick post before it does, maybe these will be
my last words.... who knows.


Anyway, I'm doing my homework
(and yes, its 11:30 at night and the assignment is due tomorrow)
I just really don't know what I was thinking... going back to school! I'm such an idiot!


I'm supposed to write a letter to a senator, join a coalition and get involved and call a senator about the issue I've chosen to be involved in!


I don't even know what I'd say to a senator in a letter or a phone call
"Hi......(long awkward pause)..... umm.......k thanks"
and then I'd probably just hang up-without saying goodbye.


And, hello, I'm supposed to have time to join a coalition and get involved.
When am I supposed to do that?
Between being called a racist at work and changing Kam's bum?
I don't think so!


Yes, I'm venting
Yes, I've had a bad day
and
Yes, I was called a racist at work today


(I really should find the humor in it though because the woman implied I was racist toward African American people and she and her son that so adamantly hate me are Hispanic! So, why would she care if I were racist toward African American people?)
I already feel better, thanks for listening.

11 comments:

jayna said...

Concentrate on Hawaii, like I am...

Nicole said...

I'm with ya! I hope this weekend brings some relief, I always start Monday how do I get Friday. I hope you got your paper done.

Amanda Lynne Galbraith said...

well at least you get to go to hawaii again... what is that all about?? what are you goin for??? just a vaca??? hope you have fun and i hope everything works out for you

Tiffany said...

You will get it all done and it will be great because you are great! And I have to say the racist thing... Hispanic vs African American... you should have started laughing about right after she said it. She is not even sure of her own ethnicity.

And... I can't wait for you to go to Hawaii too. You are going to have so much fun!

Katie said...

Sorry, I have to say it... I told you so!!! ?You'll get through it.. so what if you aren't the top of the class.. when you get done you'll have the same degree as everyone else in the class... take a breath and relax.. it'll all work out!!! Good Luck...

Candace said...

Let me just say I am so impressed with you that you work outside the home...take care of your son...AND go to school! Don't let anyone bring you down because that is AMAZING!!! I have a hard time just staying at home with 3 kids. So my hats off to you babe! Keep your head up and just watch the light at the end of the tunnel!!! Everyone deserves to vent :)

Kristen said...

Hey Joslin, You should contact my Uncle David Hinkins...he is a Senator now and I am sure that he would listen and talk to you.

Anonymous said...

I just want start out by saying that I don't think you are racist, but I do want to point out that I care if people are racist towards African Americans and I am white. I'm sure that the Hispanic lady was mistaken, but I do think that even though she is not African American she has every right to be concerned if people are racist towards any other race, even if it isn't her own.

Joslin @ Just Batty said...

Anonymous, I completly agree with your statement. I too care when people are racist regardless which population of people its to. Her acusation obviously got under my skin, which is hard to do, so I needed to vent.

ehs2000 said...

Totally think about Hawaii........... ahhhhhhhh! You are so amazing!

Shaylee said...

im so jealous your going to hawaii..i ant to go so SO bad.. haha and you know that i will be like 80 and still be able to get away with dressing up and going to wal mart..haha people might laugh and have a better day because of it !! haha !!!
so how you been??