-->

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Where am I?

I'm out of town for the weekend... not exactly a planned trip if you know what I'm sayin'


I just endured the 10 hr drive in the backseat of a Corolla. In that 10 hrs I have:


1) read half of "Common Threads: Celebrating Life with Down Syndrome" by Cynthia Kidder -I am loving this book and am proud to announce my sweet little niece is already rolling over! She is not yet even 1 month old. Go here to see for yourself!


2) listened to the majority of "Bossypants" by Tina Fey, for when I'm driving or when its dark of course - and I am deeply enjoying it, not because its so deep and thought provoking, but because it points out so well the things that just should not matter- ever! (do not read this book if you are highly offended by the "F" word, its not trashily scattered throughout the whole book, but it is thrown in every once and awhile)


3) realized my Dad is getting up there... ya know... in age (there I said it, sorry Dad) and his driving is solid proof. So, pray for me because if we don't get in a wreck and die, I'm going to die from a heart attack of thinking we are wrecking-pray for my safe return, seriously.


and 4) spent much of the time checking out the side of the road thinking about the book "The Glass Castle" by Jeanette Walls  "I wonder if this is the road she got left on... oh, or maybe this one... I wonder if that old mine over there is where her dad worked.... I wonder where he took her when they went to look at the stars," etc. -I also HIGHLY recommend that book if you haven't read it!


If you have read it you know where I am!



0 comments: