-->

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

2 Things

Thing 1- Why is it that when I run into someone from high school who I haven't seen in over 10 yrs a while I look like this?:




She totally had this look on her face that said "wow, you're not doing well. let's pretend we don't know each other okay... seriously, stop talking to me... seriously..."


I just wanted to say "I'm really not normally like this, I promise! I know how to comb and really do my hair, I promise! And, I normally get dressed, I promise! Can we just plan on running into each other this same time, same place next week and I'll show you the real me I've become over the last couple years?"








Thing 2- DO NOT EVER SAY "wow, looks like you've got your hands full" We all know that's code for "you're not handling your handful well".


Well, Miss Dr. Thang! My 4, yep count 'em, 4 kids would be much better behaved right now if you didn't lock us in this tiny little exam room for the last hour after waiting in your waiting room for the 1/2 hour before that! If you want my children well behaved get us in and out of your office in under 30 min. flat! Got it! I blame you for my handful today!






.... that is all.... thank you for listening... but, seriously am I alone on this?

3 comments:

Ivy Lou said...

We all have those days, right! Run into someone that you haven't seen in a while...looking terrible, of course (I don't really think your pic is that bad!)...which makes you laugh and just walk away(quickly.) That's why the say don't assume things about people, huh. If she was someone important it wouldn't have mattered what you looked like anyway. Embarrassing maybe, but not a huge deal.

And, the doc visit, that's just torture!

Adri and Cory said...

Ba ha ha! Move out of state. Then that NEVER happens! BTW your picture is not bad at all!

jayna said...

Dear High Monitor,
it's no use. you still looked cute.
sincerely,
an anonymous psychologist