-->

Saturday, August 01, 2009

A Blast From the Past


This weekend I went back home...

Well I guess I don't really have a home there anymore, or family for

that matter. But, I went back to where I grew up.

A group of girls from High School got together to have lunch and reminisce.

It's so unreal its been as long as it has.



From Left to Right: Bridi, Carrie, Me & Kam, Nicole, Melanie, Autumn, Mindy, Tiffany & Jessica
Here is a picture from lunch. (I didn't get my head on straight until half of the people were gone, I really really extra badly wanted a picture of everyone, but this one will have to do... for now.)
Missing from the picture are Candace, Nikki, Kenzie, Heidi, (and it seems like I'm missing someone...)

Candace, thank you so much for putting this together! I really wanted to talk to you more than I did though! I still think of you every time I drive through Wellington.


To wrap up the weekend I went to the rodeo with Tiff and her kids, Mel and Jessica and her
family. I didn't see much of the rodeo because Kam wouldn't sit still for longer than 5 seconds, but it was fun anyway.

Tiff and I had a great round of golf today. I wish I could play that well all the time!

Visited with Katie, who became Kam's new best friend with a killer play set in her new backyard and popsicle! What kid would resist that?

Then I drove past the old homestead... that made me somewhat sad. I really do miss my grandparents. I keep my life so busy I can't think about the people I see everyday, let alone the ones who are gone. It was sad to see their home and farm in the condition it is. They always had so much pride in their yard and orchard...

I don't even know what else to say...

7 comments:

Candace said...

Thank you for coming! Your little Kam is so dang cute. I was happy to see such a good turnout :) I was so busy catching up with the people around me it was hard to get to everyone! I actually brought my camera in my own car and then switched cars with my parents so they could have the car seats for the kids and forgot it! I should have asked before we left if anyone had brought one...oh well next time we will get us all! We will definitely do it again. Good to see you though!

Nicole said...

I had fun too! I am glad that you made it. I wish that I didn't get back so late so I could of went to the rodeo with you guys. Aut and Mind and I talked for a little bit when I dropped them off.

Adri and Cory said...

Thats always fun to get together!

The Bunnell's said...

It looks l ike you had fun. I wich that I could have made it. I would have loved to see everyone. I love in the picture that Aut is standing on her tippy toes :) Too Funny!

Tiffany said...

Jos...you can call us your family. haha. I hope you had fun and we will have to get together again soon.

Behling Family said...

I too had a great time. It really made me realize how much I really miss seeing everyone. It does not happen often enough. We REALLY need to get together more often. NOt just say it but do it :) I know what you mean about being so bust that you dont think of those that have passed away. I do that often. I smell a smell of see something that reminds me of my grandparents and then I think man, I haven't thought about them in a while. I have very fond memories of your grandparents and fun times there at their house. Yes their yard and everything else was always in perfect shape. Your grandpa could not have had it any other way. I'm sorry that it is not in great shape. That hurts.

things we love... said...

I miss you so much! It was so good to see you! you are the best!!! We really do need to get together more, like in Oct! Call me and we will do the planning!!!