-->

Sunday, November 16, 2008

One in a Million

Let me preface this story by saying that all I want for Christmas is a steady date night! I beg for this on a weekly basis since the day we got married. (You hear jokes about how women get married and then hold out on their husbands and have "headaches" and yadda yadda and never "give IT up", but men get married and all of sudden you're more likely to find the lost city of Alantis than have planned date. (except you Jayna, we're all jealous!)

Anyway, Thursday my sweet hubby called and asked to me get home from work a little early on Friday. I immediately started to think he had planned a date! But, because I've been led to this conclusion on multiple other occasions just to be left home making dinner, I didn't want to get my hopes up.

Friday night rolled around and, at last, my ever so distant dream came true! A planned date night! I don't even care how simplistic in nature it was, it was a DATE! A date, a true date!

As the babysitter/Michael's little sister/Caitlin arrived I was taking Kamren's temperature. He had his one-year check earlier that date and when I picked him up from Roseanna's/Daycare he felt warm. 101.9.....hmm..... am I bad mother if I still went on the date? Because, I did....

I gave Kamren some Tylenol and asked Caitlin to take his temperature again in an hour and call me (thank heaven for cell phones! how did the world ever survive before them?). Michael and I went to dinner, waited a half an hour to even be seated, ordered our food and then I called Caitlin. Kamren's temp was 103.2..... I called the Dr. and Michael and I spent the rest of the evening with him.

Long story short, I'll now have to wait 3 more years for a date and who knows what will happen then. I could cry. I really do feel bad for Michael though too. He actually found the babysitter himself, planned the timing of everything to make it back in time to put Kamren to bed, etc. And, all for not...

9 comments:

jayna said...

Well, at least Michael was thinking of you! That is where it's at!

Is Kamren better? I think you guys are sweet, Still First Time Parents for even going back home! (By child #3 they will need to be bleeding from the head for you to cancel your alone time...)

It all started with a Kiss... said...

I felt bad about you missing out on your "One in a Million" date night. I too know how hard they are to come by. I don't know if live just get's to busy or if that's just another excuse that we use.? I hope Cameron's feeling better, and hopefully Michael will surpise you again real soon.

RoseAnna said...

So sorry to hear that your date night went so bad. We should plan a date night together, or if you guys ever want to go out we can watch Kam and put him down if you want to try again.

It all started with a Kiss... said...

I just realized that I spelled Kamren's name wrong. Sorry force of habit.

Ivy Lou said...

I don't think it was 'all for not' at all. It still counts and that was awesome of Mike to get it all set up. :0)

That gets big props in my book! Go Mike!...even if it did get inturrupted.

Nicole said...

Tell Michael he did a great job at planning! Sorry it did not turn out they way you planned.

Adri and Cory said...

At least you got out of the house....together. Even the little bit of time I bet was worth it. I agree with Jayna though by child 3 it's a whole nother story!!!

The Bunnell's said...

What an awesome husband. It does seem like date nights are very hard to come by after being married and kids. Matt and I have one tonight, but of course I planned it :) But at least we get to have one. Hey I need your email- It looks like Matt and I will be making our way to the Basin within the next six mo. He got a new job and we are getting relocated so we need to get in touch! -Kyla-

-Rachel said...

This was a great date night. It didn't work out like planned -but the love behind it is unmistakable! You guys are awesome!